To encourage healthy and lively discussion on Diamond Shaft forums we ask that each and every user read and abide by the forum Code of Conduct. Use of Diamond Shaft Forum constitutes acceptance and agreement with the Code of Conduct. Please note that these rules can change over time at any given moment with notice available within 24 hours of alteration. The administration and moderation team reserve the right to terminate any and all accounts belonging to you if you are deemed in violation of any of the rules mentioned in this Code of Conduct or the User Agreement without prior notice. Our failure to enforce the rules shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time. Decisions regarding the severity of an incident are at the sole discretion of the moderation team. The punishment for said incident is to be determined by the moderation team. The rules outlined below are only the minimum expectations of members, and not every issue can be predicted and addressed here, so conduct could still be considered out of line even if it isn't covered here specifically. The instructions of the moderation team must be followed at all times.
Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:
- Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
- Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others.
- Comply with both US and Canadian law
- Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
- Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
- No "lmgtfy" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.
- "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
- "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
- Remember your audience; both present and future.
Violations of the Code of Conduct
The following is not an extensive list of the rules and guidelines that must be followed when participating on Diamond Shaft. The administration and moderation teams reserve the right to exercise disciplinary action on members of the community that do not contribute to the overall health of the forum or its resources without notice and at their discretion.
1. System Security
- Accessing, or attempting to access, the accounts of other users
- Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes; whether they are disclosed or undisclosed
- Penetrating, or attempting to penetrate, security measures of Diamond Shaft Community's software, hardware, or any other device used in the management or operations of the overall system
Any intrusion will subject your forum account to immediate termination, regardless of whether or not the intrusion results in the detriment of the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data.
2. Harassment and Profanities
You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether.
We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs,gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.
2.1 Forgery and Impersonation
Attempting to impersonate any person, including staff, using forged headers, instant messenger names, similar usernames, avatars, or other methods in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited.
3. Pornography/Sexually Offensive Materials
You may not post or link to pornographic material or any content which would normally be considered sexually offensive.
We do not want spam on Diamond Shaft. There are certain sections of the forum designated for "off topic" and "general" posting of posts that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a Minecraft centered and focused forum. That being said, spam includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Excessive/excessively off-topic threads or posts.
- Posting nonsensical messages.
- "Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages.
- Post-Count farming.
- Unsolicited advertising via private message or email.
- Messages without content relevant to this website's mission.
- Do not intentionally derail threads. Off-Topic is there for a reason.
- Repeated posting with constant referrals to other website(s) with no purpose other than the promotion of that website.
- Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
- Reputation or "Likes" farming.
- The posting solely of memes or similar images without contributing to the discussion, memes can be funny and applicable but if it is completely unrelated it is spam.
- The posting of AMA's - ask me anything type threads.
- Posting any of the above will result in your post being deleted and your account being infracted or worse, suspended.
- Do not create multiple accounts
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums.
- Causing disturbances in forum threads such as picking fights or insulting other members.
- Making non-constructive posts for the purpose of causing unrest. This includes posting LMGTFY links.
- Abusing the Report Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
- Labelling a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements.
- Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)
- Excessive use of different fonts / font colors for non post formatting purposes will result in moderative action.
Any sort of advertisement on Diamond Shaft that has little or no relation to Diamond Shaft, or is not affiliated with Diamond Shaft in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.
This includes but is not limited to doing a giveaway on the forums while linking/referring to outside accounts(YouTube, Facebook, etc.) in any way shape or form.
In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums nor advertise links to third party personal sale sites (eBay, Kijiji, etc.) where you might be selling your item.
4.3 Thread Necroing
Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page.
5. Signatures & Profiles
Signature information must adhere to these guidelines:
- No signature will exceed 3 lines in length on a 1080p screen.
- No signature will ask for reputation, likes, stars or any such ego-enhancing things.
- No signature shall have an image.
- No signature shall be animated in any way, avatars are allowed to be animated for now. Avatars must not contain any rapid and sharp color changes (flashing, blinking, etc.) as these can cause epileptic seizures.
- Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.
- Do not increase font size beyond size 14.
- Signatures are text only
The only links allowed, in your signature or status updates, are those pertaining to Diamond Shaft (the CoC, etc.). Please note the advertising rules still apply to this. This includes listing twitch, YouTube, etc.
Profiles have various sections for listing your Twitter account, Facebook name, a URL (be it your YouTube channel or other site), etc. This is the only section where listing this information is allowed. You are not allowed to advertise this in any post as in the actual links. You can have "reference my profile for more information" for example. All Advertising rules still apply.
6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys
- "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
- "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
- "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
- A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:
- Seeking help to create or find cracks.
- Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
- Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
- Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
- Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
- Provide or request login details for restricted websites.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.
7. Illegal Use
You may not use our forums for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities, as determined by the laws of the United States of America or Canadian Law. Such activities will result in an immediate ban. We will cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
8. Non-Disclosure Agreements
We reserve the right to cooperate with any company that is conducting an investigation into a breach of a current and enforceable NDA.
- You may not post any form of real life information of any user (except yourself) unless the user has first given permission by express written consent to the forum administrator. Examples of real life information include name, address, email, and phone numbers.
- You may not distribute any form of electronic information, email address, private/email Messages, IP addresses, and Instant Messenger messages ("Chat logs") with intent to harass or be demeaning in any way as determined by a the forum management, regardless of consent.
- You may not, at any time, post any form of real life information about any person (including yourself) under the age of 16, even with the consent of said person.
10. Moderation & Bans
- You may not attempt to evade a ban by creating another account or any other means. Doing so will dramatically lengthen your ban. If you have a problem with a ban or feel it was inappropriate, please contact an administrator and wait for a response.
- You may not discuss or complain in open forum about another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email/message between the person concerned and the moderators.
- You may not re-edit a message that has been edited by a moderator.
- Do not back seat moderate. Report an offending post using the report button located at the bottom right of each post. Please do not make posts in the thread or send messages reprimanding other users about rulebreaking, this may be considered off topic/spam. Let the moderation team deal with the situation via the report button.
- Moderators cannot read private messages unless they are reported.
- If you ever have ANY problem with ANY Staff Members at ANY time PLEASE contact Anthrax either through the forum with a PM or any other medium that you feel like using.
11. Account security
While it is of the utmost importance to us to keep your account information safe and secure, we cannot fully guarantee perfect security. In order to maintain good account security, we recommend that you perform regular anti-virus scans on your own computers and regular password changes. Also, please avoid using the same login information that you use elsewhere on the internet as credentials for Diamond Shaft. It is highly recommended that you do not share a password between your forum account and any other high value accounts such as bank accounts, steam accounts/gaming accounts in general, and anything else of that nature that may be worth something.
12. Report System
When you file a report, a quote of the content you are reporting along with any comments you make will be sent to the entire moderating team (except when reporting a member profile). The report will be reviewed and a decision made on any action to be taken.
What Should or Can I Report?
- Any content that is a violation the Code of Conduct should be reported. Please add details when filing reports, as things are not always absolutely black and white.
- New Threads that are in the wrong section. Please also indicate the section you feel it should be moved to.
- When reporting a re-post (News section, etc.) please also include a link to the original post.
- Your own content that you want to have removed or moved (double posts, thread in wrong section, etc.). NOTE: You will not be assessed move points if you request your own thread to be moved to a different section if you think you've created it in the wrong one.
- Member Profiles: Please do not simply report a member profile unless there is content on it that is against the Code of Conduct (inappropriate avatar, content in the "About Me" section, inappropriate Profile Feed items, etc.). If a member has been posting report-worthy content, report that content, not the member's profile. IF reporting a specific profile, indicate clearly why in the report comments.
- Personal Conversations: If you are being harassed via personal messages, immediately file a report. The forum staff do not have access to your personal conversation unless it is reported. Once reported, we will have access to that specific conversation to be able to review it. NOTE: It is vital that you report offensive PMs immediately upon first reading. The other participant will be able to block you from the conversation, which will render you unable to report it, and we will be unable to help you. If you are unsure about whether or not to file a report, we still recommend filing a report. If it turns out to be less harmful than you originally thought, we can always still close the matter, but if measures do need to be taken, it is vital that you start the reporting process as soon as you are able.
I Reported Something, But Nothing Has Been Done
Sometimes it takes time to investigate a matter, other times we may simply reach a different conclusion than you have and decided not to act on your report (for example, we might decide not to move a thread). When filing a report for content in violation of the Code of Conduct, keep in mind that any measures being taken against a member of the community are confidential between the forum staff and that member. So even if you did file a report on it, you won't be notified and as such will not be aware of any measures that may have been taken against the offending party.
Abuse of the Report Feature
Unless it is really obviously clear that you are trolling the forum staff by abusing the report feature (that is, when we are convinced that you have malicious intent), you do not need to fear any measures being taken against you for filing reports. The report feature is there for a reason, if we did not want you to file reports, it would not exist.
13. Contact Us
For any questions or concerns regarding the Code of Conduct, or to get in touch with us in general:
- Send a PM through the Forum to member name "Anthrax"
- "Report" this thread and enter in your comments. A moderator will respond and forward on if needed.
- Comment below. A moderator will respond.