Magitroopa

Thoughts on the Nintendo NX?...

8 posts in this topic

Image result for nintendo switch

So Nintendo has finally revealed the Nintendo NX today, now officially known as the Nintendo Switch (Thought I'd keep NX in the title in case anyone wanted to be surprised).

What are your thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Buying it day 1? It'll do better/worse than the Wii U/other systems (like PS4 or Xbox One)

Personally, I am really excited for it, it's a concept right up my alley: A portable home console. I am also very happy that they have not delayed it past their initial March 2017 release for it, because that'll be a nice birthday present for my 17th birthday in March.

Oh yeah, and here's some links about it if you're interested in checking dem out:

http://www.nintendo.com/switch

2 people like this

I think it actually looks pretty cool. One of the things Nintendo does a lot of is try to experiment and innovate. It's nice seeing them expanding on the game-pad idea, which worked alright in my opinion because you could play games on it while people watch TV or something and it didn't reduce the quality of the game. It also may have seemed bulky and ugly but it actually fit into your hands very nicely among several other things.

What surprised me most is that they're going to have Skyrim Remastered on it. That not only shows that Nintendo has started seeking developers for their new system, but that it also shows it can handle some next-gen games.

I'm just a bit upset that they kind of abandoned the Wii U. I bought one a few years ago and I have very few games for it because Nintendo didn't seek out any developers. I really only bought it to get the new Smash Bros. and Legend of Zelda but Zelda was delayed for several years :/. I don't think I'm going to buy Day 1 because I don't have that kind of money and I want to see if it really is good or not.

Hopefully Nintendo can regain the prominence that they once had in the video game industry, and continue to innovate in ways that could potentially enhance the gaming experience for players of all platforms.

Edited by bigpreston216

I gotta get this. I really need it. I do.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

You're going to make @Magitroopa...

[triggered, lul got rid of the video to get save some space ;)]

Meh, it's more so an opinion of his liking. If he chooses not to like Nintendo, fine by me.

6 hours ago, Magitroopa said:

Meh, it's more so an opinion of his liking. If he chooses not to like Nintendo, fine by me.

Tbh I used TO LOVE Nintendo, whether it was WII or DS I just couldn't stop playing it but I kind of grew out of it and got a new love, halo. 

12 hours ago, Justin said:

Blah

Ew Justin is here this ruined my day.

Offended.

Triggered.

Pressing charges.

1 person likes this