I'm not one to say anything but I think we can all agree that Diamondshaft is dead. Things need to be done because I like many don't want to see this server go down. I'm not sure if this reset is going to bring back all the glorious players that used to be on the server because how are they going to know? It's a good start for sure and I'm not good with all of this technical stuff but we need to get this server out there. I'm not sure if that's the owners/mods plan or what you guys want for this server but the reason I started playing on here is from seeing a video on YouTube about the server. It drew me in. I'm just suggesting the possibility of more YouTube videos, and other things. Maybe try for ads on minecraft websites? Somehow spread the word but we can't just let diamondshaft dwindle to 2-7 players max every day...

Youtube videos have already been suggested but it's hard for king to run a server, get on with life, work and make youtube videos.

What you are suggesting isn't really a revive it's more of a advertisement, the server is probably going to reset soon so that will revive things kinda. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NuclearBuildsMC said:

I'm not one to say anything but I think we can all agree that Diamondshaft is dead. Things need to be done because I like many don't want to see this server go down. I'm not sure if this reset is going to bring back all the glorious players that used to be on the server because how are they going to know? It's a good start for sure and I'm not good with all of this technical stuff but we need to get this server out there. I'm not sure if that's the owners/mods plan or what you guys want for this server but the reason I started playing on here is from seeing a video on YouTube about the server. It drew me in. I'm just suggesting the possibility of more YouTube videos, and other things. Maybe try for ads on minecraft websites? Somehow spread the word but we can't just let diamondshaft dwindle to 2-7 players max every day...

When a reset happens  a bunch of other people like meh, mrredstoneJr and a bunch of other people all come on for like 20 hours straight and do a bunch of stuff. Then everyone comes back until we all get bored like 6 months later. THis basically just repeats every reset lol. So the server isn'r really dead sort off gone to sleep till reset if you know what i mean?

Edited by EMCcat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, EMCcat said:

When a reset happens  a bunch of other people like meh, mrredstoneJr and a bunch of other people all come on for like 20 hours straight and do a bunch of stuff. Then everyone comes back until we all get bored like 6 months later. THis basically just repeats every reset lol. So the server isn'r really dead sort off gone to sleep till reset if you know what i mean?

true.. but what would happen if we tried resetting the server every 3-4 month? im just wondering if it would keep ppl here or if it would scare them away.. ik some ppl hate when we reset the server but i kinda get the feeling that a reset every 6th month is too long.. to many ppl get bored..

im sure some more advertisement of the server would help as its a great server with a great set of rules but most of us staff doesnt have the time to make youtube videos but... what would you guys think if we made some special items for youtubers that makes great videos for the server? like if you made a great video you could contact a mod or admin and if they think the video is worth it you could get some tools/armor with some great enchantments..

what do you guys think? and @Anthrax would we be allowed to do it when the server has reset?

• Like 4

I like these ideas keep it coming. I understand that people have a life I wasn't saying it's anyone's fault or someone should have to do it, just maybe some solutions for some vids or advertising 

14 hours ago, bolp said:

true.. but what would happen if we tried resetting the server every 3-4 month? im just wondering if it would keep ppl here or if it would scare them away.. ik some ppl hate when we reset the server but i kinda get the feeling that a reset every 6th month is too long.. to many ppl get bored..

im sure some more advertisement of the server would help as its a great server with a great set of rules but most of us staff doesnt have the time to make youtube videos but... what would you guys think if we made some special items for youtubers that makes great videos for the server? like if you made a great video you could contact a mod or admin and if they think the video is worth it you could get some tools/armor with some great enchantments..

what do you guys think? and @Anthrax would we be allowed to do it when the server has reset?

A reset every 5-6 months would be fine at the point the "no-life" players get bored ( including me) is after like 4.5 months but the server still takes an extra 1-2 months to die out.

+about the youtube videos, yes youtube videos should work but rewarding people for them with overpowered items will probably a) get them bored even quicker since they get OP items b) is going to make some people dont play survival and just make videos in the hope to get stuff in return.

This is just opinion and if you disagree make sure to Quote me

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Justin said:

A lot of people I used to know is gone, it's why I don't log on to the server, (plus no one on the server likes me pretty much), but advritisment won't get kids who quit to come back... And it won't get 10 year old kids to join, he'll they probably can't even type.

im 10 years old and i can type i think you should change it to 7 and under I just have bad grammar 

On 11/25/2016 at 1:35 AM, EMCcat said:

ikr im just waiting. Maybe this time my Stuff wont dissappear to a glitch

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, Magitroopa said:

hey guys

who r thoose peeple woh r "kids who quiet coeming back"

i dunno woh thhey r

STOP youre not funny

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 5:27 PM, bolp said:

bolp you are a wise person, that is realy insparatonal (im not being sarcastic)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Minecrafteez said:

bolp you are a wise person, that is realy insparatonal (im not being sarcastic)

thx a lot :) it makes me SO happy you guys are always so kind to me :)

On 25/11/2016 at 6:12 AM, NuclearBuildsMC said:

Totally agree, I haven't been on the server in ages and haven't seen anything to bring me back on. I think there should be more events or organised battles to make it a bit more fun. (I know some people have jobs and everything but it's just a thought)

On December 6, 2016 at 1:45 PM, TheWildOli said:

Totally agree, I haven't been on the server in ages and haven't seen anything to bring me back on. I think there should be more events or organised battles to make it a bit more fun. (I know some people have jobs and everything but it's just a thought)

Yeah same here. I left because my friends thought DS was getting boring so they left.

I don't really play much because many of my friends left (RIP Piggy, hoping I see you in the next life...), I was kind of burned out on creativity, I got Overwatch on my PS4 and have a group of friends from school that play with me (This is really the only game I play now), school takes up so much time now that I rarely even get to play games at all, and my family made fun of me for playing Minecraft (My mom is one of those people who thinks video games make people kill other people and my dad is "Graphics is everything" and "When I kill something in a game there has to be physical effect," hence the reason why he only plays Diablo III and refuses to try out most other games).

Sorry for the unnecessary bit on my personal life.

I don't think it's so much the server's fault for losing players, I think it might just be people losing interest, finding a new game to play, long school work, and many other things.

i have an idea to make people play more

for example if we lets say you play for 2 months straight for at least 30 minutes a day you get a special loyalty rank what this means is the more you play the more loyal to the server you are and you get rewards based on that i mean like seriosly this could be a way of giving people a bit more enjoyment out of the server because you sometimes see people saying "how do you get diamond?" and you say "donate" but what if they dont have the money and has been playing for 2 years on the server just think of it, of course it is all down to @Anthrax in the end but i feel like its a good idea

28 minutes ago, Minecrafteez said:

i have an idea to make people play more

for example if we lets say you play for 2 months straight for at least 30 minutes a day you get a special loyalty rank what this means is the more you play the more loyal to the server you are and you get rewards based on that i mean like seriosly this could be a way of giving people a bit more enjoyment out of the server because you sometimes see people saying "how do you get diamond?" and you say "donate" but what if they dont have the money and has been playing for 2 years on the server just think of it, of course it is all down to @Anthrax in the end but i feel like its a good idea

I like the idea, but, wouldn't that require a ton of scripting and programming? or just a bunch of people reading log files and stuff like that?

Edited by Geek1408

On 11/24/2016 at 10:12 PM, NuclearBuildsMC said:

Also I have a piece of evidence supporting his claim. When I started playing on Diamondshaft 1 1/2 years ago there were usually 15-20 people on, comparing that to today, on average 1-5 people are playing each day, Every day I've played between last month and today there were about 2 or 3 people on. Heck, even yesterday night I was the only one on!

Edited by Geek1408

2 minutes ago, Geek1408 said:

Also I have a piece of evidence supporting his claim. When I started playing on Diamondshaft 1 1/2 years ago there were usually 15-20 people on, comparing that to today, on average 1-5 people are playing each day, Every day I've played between last month and today there were about 2 or 3 people on.

agreed. this is the best server ive ever played on btw

• Like 1