Jump to content
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Staff Interviews - March 12th


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I've decided that I will be holding staff interviews on Sunday, March 12th at 2:00 PM EST on Discord. I am announcing this today so people will have time to create their applications and possibly tell their friends about it if they are also wondering about being a staff member. We've recently had three new additions to the staff team, Tori, Reds, and Tea, but we've also recently had four of our staff members leave the server due to boredom. Personally, I don't blame them. Recently, I've been trying to get things going and have written down 'plans' to get more members on the server, and I believe interviews to fill in those staff positions should be one of the first steps. I already know quite a bit of people who wanted to be staff or want interviews, so I'm willing to go through with it. Members who wish to be interviewed will wait in a "Waiting Room" voice channel I will create in the Diamond Shaft Discord, so I can wait for it to get a bit filled and get the questions ready and such, and I'll drag users in after I'm done with others. Once you're done being interviewed, do not go back into the Waiting Room. Other staff members may help me interview users if they wish, but I set the time to 2:00 PM EST as that is best for me personally.

The GIT program will be a bit different this time around. I got Nathaniel's (King's) opinion about it, and I suggested not to do it this time, though he said we could maybe do just a week or two of it this time. I decided we'd just do a week of GIT's, where they have everything a GIT week 3 would have, so essentially most of what Guardians have, just a bit of LogBlock limitations as to not roll everything back on accident. As a bonus, I (and hopefully some other staff) will be working on a guide to show what commands a Guardian has and what they do for the forums, so our GIT's can view it at any time. We will later add information on Moderators, if needed. I would also prefer they ask a Moderator or Administrator for help on Discord or Skype. I suggest Discord, as it's much more used by staff than Skype. I'm aiming for four GIT's to get four Guardians, so if you're going to try and become a GIT, I please ask you take it seriously and learn everything you need too. If you by chance end up being busier than planned, or don't learn enough in that week, we'll allow a second week to learn whatever you need too.

EDIT: It is required to have a microphone. There cannot be any exceptions, three reasons being;

  • We must know that the player is 'real'.
  • Obtain a sense of personality from the player.
  • See that they have enough confidence to be able to talk and deal with people or chat in meetings.

Timezone Information posted below. I hope to see you there!

California (U.S.A - Western): 11 am
Chicago (U.S.A - central): 1 pm
New Jersey (U.S.A - Eastern): 2 pm
Charlotte Town (Canada - Prince Edward Island): 3 pm
London (UK - England): 6 pm
Denmark (European): 8 pm
Hong Kong (China): 2 am

In addition, please review this post created by Snor before applying;

Discord Server information;

 

Edited by CamoPinecone
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

How long is each interview? Also how often do i have to be on the server? I am usually on for 1-3 hours at a time, but because of my upcoming external exams in 2 months and mock exams in 1 month, I have to be studying alot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WickedRainGaming said:

How long is each interview? Also how often do i have to be on the server? I am usually on for 1-3 hours at a time, but because of my upcoming external exams in 2 months and mock exams in 1 month, I have to be studying alot. 

The time of an interview may vary. I have a set amount of questions to ask a member, then I ask them a couple scenarios to see how they would handle them as a staff member. Hmm, I would say about two hours a day will be fine at first, but I suggest getting online whenever you'd be free.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sign me up for that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CamoPinecone said:

The time of an interview may vary. I have a set amount of questions to ask a member, then I ask them a couple scenarios to see how they would handle them as a staff member. Hmm, I would say about two hours a day will be fine at first, but I suggest getting online whenever you'd be free.

Thank you, I'll try to be on as much as possible when I'm free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WickedRainGaming said:

Thank you, I'll try to be on as much as possible when I'm free.

same here I'll be on discord at 7:00 central time

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No need for sign-ups lol, You just have to be there. Having an application posted would also help any chances.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Possessed said:

Isn't this snors job 

Lol yeah, we're in a Discord VC rn and he was like "That was my job" lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Possessed said:

Isn't this snors job 

Like my only remaining job!

It's all good I helped him with it :P

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, .MrSnorman said:

It's all good I helped him with it :P

totes, I know how much you like .txt files and notepad ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DemonicMinecraft said:

same here I'll be on discord at 7:00 central time

sorry I just noticed that the date was different lol anyways I'll be pretty much on all day so contact me or something for the interview. Thanks, Demo

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DemonicMinecraft said:

sorry I just noticed that the date was different lol anyways I'll be pretty much on all day so contact me or something for the interview. Thanks, Demo

? If you want to be in the interview join the Waiting Room VC on Discord sometime around 2:00 PM EST, if you're Central time then that will be 1 PM. I won't be contacting anyone to join in, they just have to be there.

Edited by CamoPinecone
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CamoPinecone said:

? If you want to be in the interview join the Waiting Room VC on Discord sometime around 2:00 PM EST, if you're Central time then that will be 1 PM. I won't be contacting anyone to join in, they just have to be there.

sorry its central standard time lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SweetCherryColla said:

Could the iterview(mine) be without voice just texting? cause i don't have a mic!

Sorry, thought about it some more and we will not be doing interviews for people without mics, for a few reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: What if I have been inactive for an extremely long time I think it was like 6 months due to I reset my laptop since I got a bunch of malware and Trojan etc and was too lazy to re-download Minecraft. If I were to apply would I have a chance as long as it is lengthy I do all the rules or will I have no chance since I have been inactive?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would but:

1. I am extremely inactive.

2. I have homeschool now.

3. My current PC is a potato.

4. Too busy playing Kirby, programming, hacking Sonic ROMs and generally working a lot.

5. I am volunteering at a Comic Relief event and I've been given loads of responsibilities.

On top of that, I'm sure staff have nightmares about me at this point.

'Poop is bae'

Edited by DannyBoi
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyBoi said:

I would but:

1. I am extremely inactive.

2. I have homeschool now.

3. My current PC is a potato.

4. Too busy playing Kirby, programming, hacking Sonic ROMs and generally working a lot.

5. I am volunteering at a Comic Relief event and I've been given loads of responsibilities.

On top of that, I'm sure staff have nightmares about me at this point.

'Poop is bae'

You give yourself too much credit.

 

 

I am their only nightmare.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CamoPinecone said:

totes, I know how much you like .txt files and notepad ;)

You called?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

We are DiamondShaft, a medium-sized Minecraft survival server that has been around for over six years and aims to achieve a simple, community survival experience.

×
×
  • Create New...