Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planned Reset - June 8th (or later)

Hello, everyone.

On June 8th, we plan to reset the map in time for the 1.12 release if the update is not delayed once again. We originally planned on having it be a sort of surprise, but I figured I'd make a post notifying everyone, considering the developers delayed 1.12. The update does not have any blocks that would be generated into the world as far as I know (possibly Concrete Powder, but that can be crafted), so we do not consider it a "major update", however we decided we would reset either way, as it's no secret that this server has seen better days community-wise.

It's obvious that a reset in itself would not work, so we have quite a number of ideas set and implemented for the reset. I believe many members will be happy with these changes and additions, and some things from past server versions are returning. I have also created a post containing all of the changes made for the reset, and the list is decently sized.

If you are not yet clear on what the update itself adds, it does not add much. The main things added are the Parrots, found in Jungles and can be tamed with seeds. Once tamed, you can tell them to sit in one area, or have them fly to follow you. You can also walk into them while they are following you, and they will sit on your shoulder until you hover (sometimes they will fly onto you themselves.) Hopefully, EchoPet will add Parrots so they can sit on shoulders while in flight. Illusioner was also added. They've removed Achievements in place of Advancements. They've also added the very useful Recipe Book, which allows players to quickly craft items that they've learned to craft through Advancements. They have also added Saved Toolbars in Creative;

Toolbars.PNG

For builders, they've added Glazed Terracotta, which have multiple design/placement choices, colored beds,  updated wool colors and sheep, and Concrete in all colors, created when Concrete Powder comes in contact with water. They have also added new sound effects for mobs, and Noteblocks;

Sounds.PNG

And a few other additions, which can be viewed here. Anyways, if you are against the reset, please do not annoyingly complain to our staff members, they will not be in the mood to hear it. Any "constructive criticism" can be sent to me (KingVampy) on Discord PM. I will not discuss the changes planned until after reset, however I will say that the map we created is finished, and most ideas are ready to be implemented.

Extra Images:

350px-TerracottaPatterns.png

800px-16_color_beds.png

ParrotsInJungle.gif

IllusionerDuplicates.png

Note; Only Survival is being reset, not Survival+.

• Like 8

What if, on the last day, lockette is turned off, griefing and stealing is allowed and we all just purge and blow stuff up? Just a little suggestion.

• Like 2
Just now, DannyBoi said:

What if, on the last day, lockette is turned off, griefing and stealing is allowed and we all just purge and blow stuff up? Just a little suggestion.

No, because we're unsure if that's the exact date of reset. We won't know for sure until whichever staff member wakes up earliest and sees it actually did come out, then we'd really only have a couple hours give or take for reset.

• Like 2
Just now, KingVampy said:

No, because we're unsure if that's the exact date of reset. We won't know for sure until whichever staff member wakes up earliest and sees it actually did come out, then we'd really only have a couple hours give or take for reset.

Ah. Nvm then.

This early the server has only been live for 7 months 1 week and 3 days (as of June 8th)

but nice to see it anyways

Edited by Minecrafteez
3 hours ago, Minecrafteez said:

This early the server has only been live for 7 months 1 week and 3 days (as of June 8th)

but nice to see it anyways

I'd assume that many of the more active players (ie on a lot of the time at once) will have already conpleted alot of the things they wish to do including staff. Also with the update coming out including new blocks a reset should happen to add the new blocks and items. (And new terrain blocks if there are any.)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEAtime2012 said:

im pretty excited

Yep we all can't wait for another town

• Like 2
On 6/4/2017 at 3:11 AM, DannyBoi said:

the-purge-bring-it-on-meme.jpg.5211b67e479dbea6a175d28292bbeaf1.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Minecrafteez said:

i have an idea

playerheads when you kill the player

good idea

4 hours ago, Minecrafteez said:

i have an idea

playerheads when you kill the player

How about mob heads, but only a select group of mobs drop their heads? Example Elder Guardian, Evoker, etc.

(Side note when I was a kid, I totally thought that was pronounced eksetra)

30 minutes ago, Maximmilliam said:

(Side note when I was a kid, I totally thought that was pronounced eksetra)

Same here LMAO