Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update Event Server

I would like to suggest that the event server is updated to 1.12 or whatever the current thing is, to go on the event server i have to log out and log back in on 1.11.2, i know that sounds lazy of me but when a new event is created and wished to be played no doubt if staff haven't already updated the server either players would have to convert to 1.11.2 or the server would be updated and the creation loaded into that server. 

Plus i really wanna make a summer event 

Can i also suggest @CelticSikes is made a member of the event team, shes a good builder.

Edited by Possessed
  • Like 1

I'll update it if I can. Would you prefer flat or normal world? I'll also ask Ashley if she wants to join the Event team, whenever I see her next.

• Like 1

I would have updated the default spigot build for all servers to run using 1.12, however as we've experienced just on updating the survival server alone, a ton of plugins had compatibility issues with the update. This means, if all the plugins that specific server is running haven't been updated, it will cause the server to crash and not start properly. You would then need to do what I did which is remove all plugins and manually start adding each one back to figure out what isn't working and what is. Otherwise, the server will likely not even start.

2 minutes ago, Anthrax said:

I would have updated the default spigot build for all servers to run using 1.12, however as we've experienced just on updating the survival server alone, a ton of plugins had compatibility issues with the update. This means, if all the plugins that specific server is running haven't been updated, it will cause the server to crash and not start properly. You would then need to do what I did which is remove all plugins and manually start adding each one back to figure out what isn't working and what is. Otherwise, the server will likely not even start.

Event doesn't have many plugins, could we maybe check each one individually to see if they're updated first before doing anything?

5 minutes ago, KingVampy said:

Event doesn't have many plugins, could we maybe check each one individually to see if they're updated first before doing anything?

12 minutes ago, KingVampy said:

I'll update it if I can. Would you prefer flat or normal world? I'll also ask Ashley if she wants to join the Event team, whenever I see her next.

i would prefer flat world, idk why it was normal world before 

2 minutes ago, KingVampy said:

I was mostly referring to changing the default jar to 1.12 in the multicraft config, this way more servers will easily be able to run using the latest update. It may cause issues for any of the other servers still using the default spigot jar, which I believe the Survival+ is, if you want to keep that on 1.11.2 it would be easier to just have it run 1.11.2 and update the default to 1.12.

Taking a look at the plugins that server6 is running they appear to be running some plugins that the other servers don't have, I also don't know how up to date they are. If you are okay with it, I can update it to 1.12 and if its causing issues, someone who manages the event server can see what plugins they need for it.

• Like 1

Quick question, what OS does the server use? From what I can gather, it either runs on windows or linux.

Edited by MacGyver
On 6/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, MacGyver said:

Quick question, what OS does the server use? From what I can gather, it either runs on windows or linux.

OS? It doesn't run any OS, it just uses the normal Spigot 1.12, maybe you meant the machine? It's probably a windows machine

On 6/24/2017 at 4:40 PM, MacGyver said:

Depending on what you are asking, both. I'm running Server 2012 R2 on one of the machines which I use for mass storage, backups, streaming video, virtual machines and multicraft. I also have a linux server running centOS 6 which hosts the forum / teamspeak server.

• Like 1
On 6/26/2017 at 4:47 AM, Anthrax said:

Depending on what you are asking, both. I'm running Server 2012 R2 on one of the machines which I use for mass storage, backups, streaming video, virtual machines and multicraft. I also have a linux server running centOS 6 which hosts the forum / teamspeak server.

That answers my question about the minecraft server