Possessed

Just wondering...

Say if someone downloaded "unauthorised" movies would there be a chance of catching a virus and if so is it possible for that virus to go into that someones wifi?

And if something like that was to happen how would one go about fixing it?

just curious... its for a friend...

Yes you can get viruses from stealing borrowing movies, i'm unsure if they can get into your wifi network or what will happen but use a vpn +antivirus software that isn't norton

This took a good 2-3 hours to search up.

1.PNG

Dude just get Advanced System Care, do a scan then get malware bytes then scan with that.

Edited by The Gaming Rebel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Gaming Rebel said:

This took a good 2-3 hours to search up.

1.PNG

Dude just get Advanced System Care, do a scan then get malware bytes then scan with that.

can i get that on my phone?

off the record ,

Downloading/streaming movies nowadays is easy. If you have an android smartphone there are tons of apps to stream / download for free which is ofcourse illegal but hey who cares. (im not going to give examples here because i think its against the rules to share these on the forums)

when youre using a browser it can take some searching and you will probably get spammed with adds aswell so be carefull what you click.

I would also recomment you dont use torrents even though you can do alot more with them, the risk of getting caught it pretty high if you dont use a vpn and basicly all good vpns cost money. 

and for virusses , use an anti virus and be carefull with what you download . if theres an 2 hour movie and its only 10 mb is obviously a scam

• Like 1

if you download like shrek 2 or something and you get like "shrekcrack.exe" i dont think thats going to be legit bud

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrreds said:

off the record ,

Downloading/streaming movies nowadays is easy. If you have an android smartphone there are tons of apps to stream / download for free which is ofcourse illegal but hey who cares. (im not going to give examples here because i think its against the rules to share these on the forums)

when youre using a browser it can take some searching and you will probably get spammed with adds aswell so be carefull what you click.

I would also recomment you dont use torrents even though you can do alot more with them, the risk of getting caught it pretty high if you dont use a vpn and basicly all good vpns cost money. 

and for virusses , use an anti virus and be carefull with what you download . if theres an 2 hour movie and its only 10 mb is obviously a scam

Showbox for example? Would that slow stuff down? Because I can't even play single player anymore... 

6 hours ago, Possessed said:

can i get that on my phone?

Dude you have a computer, right? Like how dafaq are you playing MC on your computer. Wi-fi wouldn't affect Single Player. Just get Advanced System Care and turn on ram cleaner somewhere in it then do the clean and optimize and click on everything. It will scan your stuff, you then click fix then it fixes everything. You will have to sign back into everything though! Then it will offer Driver Booster, get that and scan your drivers. I suggest updating them one at a time or you can do all of them. Then get MalwareBytes and scan your computer. It will quarantine whatever is suspicious so I suggest doing this before Advanced System Care since it will quarantine Advanced System Care since ASC scans your computer and looks like a virus. It looks like a virus since it deletes things that are virusy. After you quarantine with Malware Bytes check the stuff you want to restore then have it delete everything else. I used to use up 80% of my ram however I did this stuff and my laptop sounds better, doesn't overheat and I use 50% ram now. If you have any questions just ask me on Discord. @Possessed

Again I suggest doing MalwareBytes BEFORE Advanced System Care and the other stuff due to it will maybe mess what Advanced System Care did. Also I did this to my fathers computer (All of this) since ads kept popping up (Malware) and it all fixed it! It was so slow! MalwareBytes Specializes in Malware if you think you have Malware. It may help with Trojans (Worst type of virus) however if ads are popping up more often and browsers are becoming slow you probably have Malware. There is this other Malware cleaner app however MalwareBytes works best for me.

Edited by The Gaming Rebel

Is it possible to get a virus when downloading illegal content? Yes.

However, if you are getting torrents, from popular sites, eg. TPB, as long as you are downloading content that is uploaded from trusted users you are generally safe, highly seeded VIP/Trusted uploaders are safe and I haven't heard of anyone having issues doing it that way.

In terms of privacy and possibly facing criminal charges? I guess, it could depend on your country, for the most part, ISPs don't do anything about it and at best, if your IP gets seen by a tracker, they will submit a report to your ISP who will then forward it back to you. Definitely can seem scary, especially since your ISP knows everything you are doing. This is where a VPN comes in handy, I bought one from the humble bundle when they had a software bundle for like $10, I got a 1-year subscription which allows the use of torrents. I have used it for several months now and never had any issues with it, speeds might be a little slower but its no big deal for me.

• Like 1
  • Cheer 1

2 hours ago, jtlance said:

couldn't you just go buy the dvd on amazon?

I ain't made of money. 

• Haha 1

If you want to avoid a virus, just don't download it in the first place

Edited by jtlance

@Possessed I recommend having your firewall set up correctly, and having an adblock to avoid pressing unwanted "Download now" sort of buttons. Also be sure to have a live antivirus such as; Malwarebytes, Avast, etc. I personally recommend Malwarebytes. If you're a bit more courageous and tech-savvy you can download a Network sniffer such as WireShark, and see if there is any outgoing/incoming traffic that you think might be suspicious (A somewhat lengthy google search can teach you about the different network protocols; ARP, Ping, Http, Https/Cookie, TCP, etc..) 

If you think you might have accidentally gotten a virus, the signs are quite simple (Unless we're talking about a way more serious virus that doesn't want to annoy you with pop-ups and so on) 

1. Unwanted Pop-ups

2. Unwanted/Annoying re-directs to random/unsafe websites when using other known websites (Youtube, Facebook, Crunchyroll, Google, Banking Websites)

3. Your computer is being slow (This doesn't count if you have tons of tabs and programs open taking into account your specs of course)

4. You are seeing unknown programs or shortcuts in your workspace (Desktop or computer in general)

5. Some file extensions are changing for example; Jpg has added letters, PNG has a different name (This usually suggests a change has been made to the registry keys)

6. The most obvious signs; 

- Mouse moving without interaction 

- Keyboard typing without interaction

- Background/Files/Programs/Bookmarks etc changing

For added security do what Anthrax had suggested, the VPN and tunneling, Proxies and so on.

Lastly be careful because usually the most vulnerable point in a system is the user

Hope this Helped

~Wicked

Edited by WickedRainGaming
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WickedRainGaming said:

@Possessed I recommend having your firewall set up correctly, and having an adblock to avoid pressing unwanted "Download now" sort of buttons. Also be sure to have a live antivirus such as; Malwarebytes, Avast, etc. I personally recommend Malwarebytes. If you're a bit more courageous and tech-savvy you can download a Network sniffer such as WireShark, and see if there is any outgoing/incoming traffic that you think might be suspicious (A somewhat lengthy google search can teach you about the different network protocols; ARP, Ping, Http, Https/Cookie, TCP, etc..) 

If you think you might have accidentally gotten a virus, the signs are quite simple (Unless we're talking about a way more serious virus that doesn't want to annoy you with pop-ups and so on) 

1. Unwanted Pop-ups

2. Unwanted/Annoying re-directs to random/unsafe websites when using other known websites (Youtube, Facebook, Crunchyroll, Google, Banking Websites)

3. Your computer is being slow (This doesn't count if you have tons of tabs and programs open taking into account your specs of course)

4. You are seeing unknown programs or shortcuts in your workspace (Desktop or computer in general)

5. Some file extensions are changing for example; Jpg has added letters, PNG has a different name (This usually suggests a change has been made to the registry keys)

Lastly be careful because usually the most vulnerable point in a system is the user

Hope this Helped

~Wicked

Just saying, make a backup of any important files or other items that you don't want to lose in case you get a piece of ransomware (i.e, wannacrypt or whatever the heck it's called)

18 hours ago, WickedRainGaming said:

1. Unwanted Pop-ups

For added security do what Anthrax had suggested, the VPN and tunneling, Proxies and so on.

Hope this Helped

~Wicked

On 04/09/2017 at 2:21 AM, Anthrax said:

Is it possible to get a virus when downloading illegal content? Yes.

However, if you are getting torrents, from popular sites, eg. TPB, as long as you are downloading content that is uploaded from trusted users you are generally safe, highly seeded VIP/Trusted uploaders are safe and I haven't heard of anyone having issues doing it that way.

In terms of privacy and possibly facing criminal charges? I guess, it could depend on your country, for the most part, ISPs don't do anything about it and at best, if your IP gets seen by a tracker, they will submit a report to your ISP who will then forward it back to you. Definitely can seem scary, especially since your ISP knows everything you are doing. This is where a VPN comes in handy, I bought one from the humble bundle when they had a software bundle for like $10, I got a 1-year subscription which allows the use of torrents. I have used it for several months now and never had any issues with it, speeds might be a little slower but its no big deal for me.

Ok could you all dumb it down just a bit please?

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2017 at 3:55 PM, WickedRainGaming said:

1. Unwanted Pop-ups

Hope this Helped

~Wicked

Just to let you know. Firewalls and some antivirus software will not protect you from ALL threats. Also they can hack the site and get you that way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Possessed said:

Ok could you all dumb it down just a bit please?

But it's already dumbed down

13 hours ago, The Gaming Rebel said:

Are you completely ignoring what I said ._. 

Yes

9 hours ago, Justin said:

But it's already dumbed down

Dumb it down more. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Possessed said:

Yes

Dumb it down more. 

It's not rocket science.. I was able to figure these things out when I was your age, and Snor probably could have done them 3 years younger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthrax said:

It's not rocket science.. I was able to figure these things out when I was your age, and Snor probably could have done them 3 years younger.

"What's an IP?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthrax said:

Well.... yeah.... but I'm not the most tech savy person, ask me a question about useless information and I'm your guy, ask me about a hard drive I've got no fucking clue... 

4 hours ago, Possessed said:

Well.... yeah.... but I'm not the most tech savy person, ask me a question about useless information and I'm your guy, ask me about a hard drive I've got no fucking clue... 

A quick way to see if your router is sort of.. Virusy is to look at the holes. If the top holes are lighting up too much and the router is hot you need to get 1% milk (Not 2% or 3% or else it will wreck the router) you get half of a tea spoon of 1% milk and you dump it into the top holes.

Okay... This topic has turned into a shit fest now so I am just going to close it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1