CamoWisp

Poll - Summer Map Reset?

1.13 Reset  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Reset the map for 1.13?

• Yes, reset! (Current map will transfer to /server Survival)
    • No, keep the current map!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2018 at 06:00 PM

Hello, everyone.

Recently, I've made it no secret that I want to update the server at the start of summer (date undetermined,) where hopefully 1.13 will have already been released. For those of you who don't know, 1.13 adds more things related to the ocean, such as actual fish mobs (with many more textures,) dolphins, turtles, turtle eggs, sea pickles, coral, ship wrecks, trident, hidden treasure, etc. This obviously will require new ocean generation.

Since most people will be on summer break or just generally have more time on their hands, combined with the fresh release of major update 1.13, and a server/map reset, this will logically bring in a high amount of players, or at the least much more than usual for a decent amount of time (but, who knows.)

As for a map reset, I personally highly recommend it as if we were to keep this map, we would have to build spawn probably 200k blocks out for the generation to not be weird, but most players have already finished their survival play-through, or are late into it and would probably enjoy a fresh start.

If the map were to reset, the generation would be 100% fine, and you will not encounter any half-old half-new oceans. The current map would still be transferred to /server Survival if you wish to continue any builds or finish up an old survival play-through.

Choose wisely, babes.

EDIT: Poll ends Thursday, April 26th at 2 PM EST.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a suggestion. I'm fine with any outcome but what if you just deleted the current Survival+ world and kept the regular survival server as it is. Just a small suggestion.

2 minutes ago, STD said:

I have a suggestion. I'm fine with any outcome but what if you just deleted the current Survival+ world and kept the regular survival server as it is. Just a small suggestion.

We made both servers so people could go back to the old map if they *really* wanted too, though not many people do. We could probably remove Survival+ and just have the basic Survival server again but Nathaniel would once again have to switch certain things over, and I don't really see a point to removing it since it gives players that option.

• Like 1

I think a restart would be nice. It could bring out a few old faces and bring in new ones too. Maybe if we bring in a few new plugins , whether it be a few custom enchants or like a "warzone" mine (were ores are worth more in the overworld *would be used for cash only not for building blocks or trading with villagers)  etc...

The influx of players we could receive would be nice for the old community to make new friends and potentially bring some new players to donate and stay for a while. keeping the /Survival+ server on the /survival server would be the most logical thing to do unless we get a number of players that would  like a mini games map *kinda like mineplex... but not as many games* maybe 3-5 different games

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iiPhlox said:

wtf you said babes.. WHO ARE YOU!? not my chaderoo ;(

Babes told me take off yo jacket, I said babes mans not hot.

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2018 at 10:13 PM, STD said:

I prefer survival+ 

On 4/19/2018 at 8:13 PM, STD said:

Is it as small as my penis?

1 minute ago, CamoWisp said:

1xtuetM.jpg

Im warning you though, in my time away ive just been wandering and meeting new people and i have come back 10x more racist and have less of a regard for people nowadays

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Possessed said:

If it resets i will come back

Crafteez has missed you, he's been having delusions of you being on the server.

52 minutes ago, Possessed said:

Im warning you though, in my time away ive just been wandering and meeting new people and i have come back 10x more racist and have less of a regard for people nowadays

Oh great. We can be racist buddies... Perhaps we could reenact 9/11.

7 hours ago, WickedRainG said:

Crafteez has missed you, he's been having delusions of you being on the server.

But why

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Possessed said:

If it resets i will come back

Wonderful. Another person I can be a douche to. ;>

On 4/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, Possessed said:

Po, you're not racist; just stereotypically British.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LugiaFanForever said:

If the map gets reset, will we lose everything we've built?

Not really, since the current map will be transferred to /server Survival