CamoWisp

1.13 Plans, Ideas & Community Opinions

Hello, everyone.

Recently, a member on the server, @KingOfWizards, created a document with a bunch of potential changes and ideas that he, and some other staff members have had for the future of the server. These ideas mostly relate to the servers Economy and how that would boost Survival playtime, and have a major focus on Towny (I removed Towny's ability to automatically remove towns when running out of funds.)

However, through more discussion, we wanted to see the communities opinions on all of these ideas, so we get a good idea on how our 1.13 should work. Keep in mind that we've already talked it through and we've decided not to remove Creative from Diamonds/Emeralds, though potential changes MAY be made.

We also shifted focus on potentially having griefing be enabled in the wilds, to give towns a higher incentive. The farther you go out into the wilds, the less of a chance of you getting griefed, as opposed to living in the wilderness directly by spawn. Nath suggested the idea of, if you are griefed, we can rollback, but after two or three times, we will no longer rollback that specific players builds and suggest they live in a town or find a better way to hide their home.

We ask that you have a mature outlook and response to these ideas, as we don't just want complaints or shit like "NOOO DON'T", but constructive criticism. Personally, I think his ideas for the Economy, Towny, and Spawn are mostly perfect, and all strive for more playtime and for everything to be much more worth it in the long run.

The document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YezENA2kyPBzigaoYCymzvs9HTugsuQ8a0ANBZn0d2c/edit

• Like 4

I have a small question for the rollback part. Since you are able to recover lost items 2 or 3 times, players could exploit this and basically duplicate items by filling up chests with valuables and having someone "grief" them. Also, how would you keep track of what builds have been rollbacked and which ones haven't? Because of the constant logging on and logging off of staff, people who already had their build rollbacked several times could trick new staff or lie to different staff that their build was not rollbacked before. (I am not sure if there is a way to keep track of this so sorry if I am wrong) This is just a factor I recommend you guys take into account before setting up a griefing system. 

Edited by STD
grammar
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, STD said:

I have a small question for the rollback part. Since you are able to recover lost items 2 or 3 times, players could exploit this and basically duplicate items by filling up chests with valuables and having someone "grief" them. Also, how would you keep track of what builds have been rollbacked and which ones haven't? Because of the constant logging on and logging off of staff, people who already had their build rollbacked several times could trick new staff or lie to different staff that their build was not rollbacked before. (I am not sure if there is a way to keep track of this so sorry if I am wrong) This is just a factor I recommend you guys take into account before setting up a griefing system. 

Well I had a suggestion for this, basically for the duping it is a possible problem with a simple fix, we can just go to the thiefs base or open their inv (Which won't work all the time but is a solution), as for keeping track, there is a plugin that simplifies those things which we already had for a time

8 hours ago, WickedRainG said:

Well I had a suggestion for this, basically for the duping it is a possible problem with a simple fix, we can just go to the thiefs base or open their inv (Which won't work all the time but is a solution), as for keeping track, there is a plugin that simplifies those things which we already had for a time

There is a problem with these solutions. The people could sell the items or hand it off to another person to store. Also for keeping track, after one person has their base rollbacked 2 or 3 times, they could "grief" their friends base and get that rollbacked which doubles the profits. I do understand that this situation is unlikely but I believe that it is best to take all the necessary precautions before attempting to implement such a system into the server.

Also, since this is starting to sound like factions, I think it would be best to change or create a server (if possible) which allows players to play something like "Aggressive Survival" or something like that. (Or maybe conduct a poll)

1 minute ago, STD said:

Also, since this is starting to sound like factions, I think it would be best to change or create a server (if possible) which allows players to play something like "Aggressive Survival" or something like that. (Or maybe conduct a poll)

Believe me, we're far from wanting to be factions. The general concept behind griefing in the wild is used as an incentive for players to use Towny for protection, yet having it still be an optional choice. Usually players who want to be away from people go out far distances (10,000+ blocks out) and may hide underground or just be far enough that they are rarely ever griefed. We would also keep lockette.

If we were by chance to go down that road, the server would not be advertised as "griefing" but as "Towny" and/or "SMP" as always. If we were to advertise the server as "griefable" or whatever then we'd only get factions-type new members that no-one on here really wants, if they are the rude/generally annoying type.

The idea of rolling-back griefs a few times per person is decent, too, I just think it'd be extremely annoying to have to count between each person, even if using a specific plugin. I was thinking of another community poll about this whole griefing topic as this would be quite a controversial change, especially for this community.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Possessed said:

My opinion is fact gay boi

y4g5lh0.jpg

jk bb i lov u ❤️ wot is ur opinion

6 minutes ago, CamoWisp said:

y4g5lh0.jpg

jk bb i lov u ❤️ wot is ur opinion

Alright listen listen

Picture this

What if yall made a PVP city e.g. arenas markets etc

Where people could do all sorts of shit 

Win like artifacts in tournements

Im talking good tournements

Not shitty ones like in the past

Im talking

Real nikka tournememts

Capiche?

3 minutes ago, Possessed said:

Alright listen listen

Picture this

Im talking

Real nikka tournememts

Capiche?

Capache

4 minutes ago, Possessed said:

Alright listen listen

Picture this

Im talking

Real nikka tournememts

Capiche?

Maybe if you came back you could do it ;(

But yeah, idk about "artifacts" but certain prizes that wouldn't be TOO valuable. PvP can be enabled in certain plots I believe.

Just now, CamoWisp said:

Maybe if you came back you could do it ;(

But yeah, idk about "artifacts" but certain prizes that wouldn't be TOO valuable. PvP can be enabled in certain plots I believe.

Nananananananannanana listen

Ima come back

When all the work is done

And the server is about to reset

So i can take all the credit 

Capiche

And i want valuable shit depending on the tournement 

Capiche

Just now, Possessed said:

Nananananananannanana listen

Ima come back

When all the work is done

And the server is about to reset

So i can take all the credit 

Capiche

And i want valuable shit depending on the tournement 

Capiche

wMLXdJa.jpg

Can we start a separate server world in which there are no rules at all? Something like 2b2t.

4 hours ago, MrProGamer2001 said:

Can we start a separate server world in which there are no rules at all? Something like 2b2t.

If there were no rules some hacker would join and create chaos

On 5/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, STD said:

If there were no rules some hacker would join and create chaos

2b2t = chaos

On 5/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, jtlance said:

2b2t = chaos

2b or not 2b

• Like 1