CamoWisp

1.13 keepInventory/mobGriefing Poll

1.13 /gamerules  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Disable keepInventory? (Lose items upon death / more incentive to use Towny / Survival has actual challenge.)

• Yes, disable keepInventory! (Read post before voting.)
    • No, keep inventory! (Read post before voting.)
  2. 2. Enable mobGriefing? (Mobs can destroy blocks in the wild / more incentive to use Towny / Survival has actual challenge.)

• Yes, enable mobGriefing in the wild! (Read post before voting.)
    • No, keep mobGriefing disabled! (Read post before voting.)

Hello, everyone.

Recently we've been brainstorming on how the next version of the server will work. Considering we wish to have more usage of Towny, and thus a better Economy, there needed to be a higher incentive to use Towny. Today, survival has no real point on our server. When you die, you keep everything. You and your builds are completely protected by everything. It is essentially a peaceful mode with plaything mobs, with the occasional no consequence death. We wish to see what you think about disabling keepInventory, and enabling mobGriefing in the wilds.

keepInventory

Right now, you keep every item and xp level in your inventory when dying. This provides no challenge in Survival. If keepInventory were to be disabled, it would give players an actual reason to be careful, work to prevent death, and pick out specific items to bring when travelling or mining, etc. There would be more incentive to use Towny, as PvP and mob spawning are usually disabled in towns. Of course, it would still be possible to die in town, however it would have to be on you, meaning starving, drowning, falling, or being crushed, etc. Stealing in towns is not allowed, so you could run back and grab your items. keepInventory would be enabled in Spawn and other server builds with regions, like most Arenas.

As for ranked items? We can add "Curse of Vanishing" to donator items, so when you die with ranked items, they disappear so no lower ranks can pick them up. We are also contemplating adding a higher time limit to using kits, the higher the rank, the higher the time limit. This is to prevent donators getting an extremely quick advantage over everyone else. Also thinking of disabling kits for the first two weeks, give or take. However, we'd still like to hear your opinions on this topic.

mobGriefing

In the wild, currently, mobs like creepers cannot damage builds like they do in vanilla. I will admit, this can be annoying, but once again it will help to make survival more like "survival." If this were to be enabled, it would give players a reason to be cautious of creepers once again (and similar griefing mobs.) And give more of a reason to join a town, as they would not be able to damage any builds.

NOTE: If you are concerned that we are trying too hard to push the whole Towny aspect of the server, know that we are trying to make everything "optional" and "player determinant (in terms of Economy/Towny)" If you wish to go on your own, or with friends, and do Survival without bothering with towns or economy, then that's what you can do. Or you can ignore Survival somehow and just live in a town and focus on jobs & shops for money & items.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Doesn't really work like that, although it will only be enabled in certain areas

1 hour ago, Possessed said:

Keep inv for emeralds daddy

13 hours ago, WickedRainG said:

Doesn't really work like that, although it will only be enabled in certain areas

Go die

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, WickedRainG said:

nob, no

I respect that 

• Like 1

I dunno about the inventory. Not that it would stop me from being reckless when all I do is build...

Also would be a hassle for those who don't like towny, or force them to make one. I am indifferent on it. Would hate to see it go. I am sure there is a way to have it for ranked memebers if not someone needs to make it so. 

3 minutes ago, MusaWisp said:

I am sure there is a way to have it for ranked memebers if not someone needs to make it so.

That's something we'll probably talk about while working on 1.13, but it may give an unfair advantage to those not able to keep their inventories, especially when it comes to PvP. Though of course if it's Emerald only, it would be $39.99 and maybe something that can be toggled, preferably.

Seems like it'd certainly be a really good incentive to buying Emerald though, lol

9 hours ago, CamoWisp said:

Seems like it'd certainly be a really good incentive to buying Emerald though, lol

pay 2 win?

Why hello everyone, it is I, the person that most people probably don't remember although I probably killed you several times. Back when I used to play Diamondshaft I was very active in the role of farming materials and just grinding out levels whether it was leveling up my axes skill or leveling up my tree felling skill. Now because I was farming almost the entire time I was on that server I occasionally grew an extra chromosome momentarily and died for an extremely dumb reason, and this was generally in the nether with lots of fire and lava. Now for that reason I extremely liked keep inventory, because I didn't like losing all the xp levels or my ax or bow or whatever I was carrying in that moment. Not only did I die there a lot but back when I didn't have a rank I got completely obliterated by a couple of people that had ranks, and they continued to kill my off of the spawn and if keep inventory had not been enable I would have probably lost some of my stuff forever. That leads me to my next reason as why I would keep inventory, because people could steal your shit like it was nothing if they really wanted to. Considering I did a lot of pvp back in my day, and sometimes people would get mad at me and send 4 people after me, I feel like they would also just the shit and run. And even if that can be reversed it creates a big steaming pile of shit that no one wants to deal with. And also, the people that I played with also just randomly killed, or where assigned to kill people at particular places and it would be so annoying if you had to give stuff back every single time, or if something got lost or burnt in fire. I enjoyed Diamondshaft a lot with the keepinventory rule enabled, so I'm gonna have to vote for that. This was a chill server when I played, not one where you had to worry about losing items on death. I'm not sure if it's still like that but that's what is going to get my vote. And this giant paragraph is pretty much entirely for Chedder, just so he can see my reasoning to how I voted. 

Mob griefing is different, if you're stupid enough to put all your valuables in a place in which they're threatened by creepers that's your own fault.

Edited by Dark Wolf
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 5:00 AM, CamoWisp said:

That's something we'll probably talk about while working on 1.13, but it may give an unfair advantage to those not able to keep their inventories, especially when it comes to PvP. Though of course if it's Emerald only, it would be $39.99 and maybe something that can be toggled, preferably.

Emerald needs a boost to differ from diamond as at the moment i think its just cosmetic changes and this isnt fucking fortnite. I understand keep inv may be TOO op but then i want other shit. Rank based warps? so only certain warps allow certain ranks in.

Im about to finish my GCSEs so im gonna have a whole lotta free time n im not getting a job so i intend to spend it doing shit n i want my shit to be quality shit, capiche? 

And if you start working on the server early you better whitelist me so i can do nothing and take all the credit when it finishes.

Capiche?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, Dark Wolf said:

Why hello everyone, it is I, the person that most people probably don't remember although I probably killed you several times. Back when I used to play Diamondshaft I was very active in the role of farming materials and just grinding out levels whether it was leveling up my axes skill or leveling up my tree felling skill. Now because I was farming almost the entire time I was on that server I occasionally grew an extra chromosome momentarily and died for an extremely dumb reason, and this was generally in the nether with lots of fire and lava. Now for that reason I extremely liked keep inventory, because I didn't like losing all the xp levels or my ax or bow or whatever I was carrying in that moment. Not only did I die there a lot but back when I didn't have a rank I got completely obliterated by a couple of people that had ranks, and they continued to kill my off of the spawn and if keep inventory had not been enable I would have probably lost some of my stuff forever. That leads me to my next reason as why I would keep inventory, because people could steal your shit like it was nothing if they really wanted to. Considering I did a lot of pvp back in my day, and sometimes people would get mad at me and send 4 people after me, I feel like they would also just the shit and run. And even if that can be reversed it creates a big steaming pile of shit that no one wants to deal with. And also, the people that I played with also just randomly killed, or where assigned to kill people at particular places and it would be so annoying if you had to give stuff back every single time, or if something got lost or burnt in fire. I enjoyed Diamondshaft a lot with the keepinventory rule enabled, so I'm gonna have to vote for that. This was a chill server when I played, not one where you had to worry about losing items on death. I'm not sure if it's still like that but that's what is going to get my vote. And this giant paragraph is pretty much entirely for Chedder, just so he can see my reasoning to how I voted. 

Mob griefing is different, if you're stupid enough to put all your valuables in a place in which they're threatened by creepers that's your own fault.

How cute. And not having keep inventory teaches players not to be careless pieces of trash. If there's an actual risk to dying then people might actually care when they're being tracked with a bounty, as the gear you'll possibly get is worth the extra reward. Plus, it makes getting elytras far more dangerous and rewarding. It also encourages the use of the money system since you lose your shit. 

12 minutes ago, Sorrrow said:

How cute. And not having keep inventory teaches players not to be careless pieces of trash. If there's an actual risk to dying then people might actually care when they're being tracked with a bounty, as the gear you'll possibly get is worth the extra reward. Plus, it makes getting elytras far more dangerous and rewarding. It also encourages the use of the money system since you lose your shit. 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Roasted

I feel like keepInventory should be enabled in certain areas like spawn, the nether, and possibly towns. This would give a higher incentive to towns and also minimize the risk of losing all your items over a pool of lava. Or maybe there would be certain safe spots like a large area of nether from the portal at spawn. This area would be open to the public and people could do stuff like mining without worrying about some crazed bloodthirsty lunatic murdering them in two seconds. The risk of crossing the safe zone would be no keepInventory and PVP enabled. This would allow for PVP for those who wanted it and peace for those who like having a boring life. But think that having keepInventory like diamondshaft used to would be better since if there were safe zones it would be like Prison.

56 minutes ago, STD said:

I feel like keepInventory should be enabled in certain areas like spawn, the nether, and possibly towns. This would give a higher incentive to towns and also minimize the risk of losing all your items over a pool of lava. Or maybe there would be certain safe spots like a large area of nether from the portal at spawn. This area would be open to the public and people could do stuff like mining without worrying about some crazed bloodthirsty lunatic murdering them in two seconds. The risk of crossing the safe zone would be no keepInventory and PVP enabled. This would allow for PVP for those who wanted it and peace for those who like having a boring life. But think that having keepInventory like diamondshaft used to would be better since if there were safe zones it would be like Prison.

yes Im worried about that lunatic too

which is why im against this

Edited by Minecrafteez

11 minutes ago, STD said:

I feel like keepInventory should be enabled in certain areas like spawn, the nether, and possibly towns.

Spawn and other areas with worldguard will have keepInventory enabled. It's not possible to have keepInventory enabled in towns, unless I set a region for every town created (which no, I am not doing,) however dying in a town is a lot less stressful as I've already said. The nether is a survival area, though I do understand where you're coming from.

13 minutes ago, STD said:

Or maybe there would be certain safe spots like a large area of nether from the portal at spawn.

We don't really plan on having any nether or end portals at spawn, since those would give easy access to the dimensions. It gives incentive to make/find your own nether portals, find the end portal, or eventually save up to buying end portal frames of your own.

3 hours ago, Possessed said:

Rank based warps? so only certain warps allow certain ranks in.

I don't know about warps, we could more than likely set up a resource world for Emeralds where resources spawn at a higher amount but the difficulty is higher, eg more mob spawning, items always drop on death, etc etc.

The first pre-release of 1.13 just came out earlier today so the full release is soon. There are going to be a ton of topics the staff and other members will be talking about for the update when we start working.

• Like 1

Just now, Minecrafteez said:

so is there no Keep Inventory for 1.13 or have you even decided?

You'll see when we update. Most of the staff have agreed on a general idea

1 hour ago, CamoWisp said:

Spawn and other areas with worldguard will have keepInventory enabled. It's not possible to have keepInventory enabled in towns, unless I set a region for every town created (which no, I am not doing,) however dying in a town is a lot less stressful as I've already said. The nether is a survival area, though I do understand where you're coming from.

We don't really plan on having any nether or end portals at spawn, since those would give easy access to the dimensions. It gives incentive to make/find your own nether portals, find the end portal, or eventually save up to buying end portal frames of your own.

I don't know about warps, we could more than likely set up a resource world for Emeralds where resources spawn at a higher amount but the difficulty is higher, eg more mob spawning, items always drop on death, etc etc.

The first pre-release of 1.13 just came out earlier today so the full release is soon. There are going to be a ton of topics the staff and other members will be talking about for the update when we start working.

while you're fixing the server how about giving me a VIP rank while you're at it

you know, to make me look better than everyone else

2 hours ago, Possessed said:

while you're fixing the server how about giving me a VIP rank while you're at it

you know, to make me look better than everyone else

you already stand out. dont worry son

Edited by STD