CamoWisp

More 1.16 Info/Feedback Wanted.

Hello, everyone. I'm sure most of you have been wondering what is going to be put in place of creative mode for 1.16, along with some other changes that we may be doing. I've been looking at a bunch of things to add to the server or to change for when we decide to update. I keep being asked when 1.16 is going to release however the update is still in it's snapshot phase so really it's up to Mojang. I'm hoping for at least June personally.

Here is the list of changes/ideas. I would love to receive feedback on any of these to see what people would like to see change.

All subject to change.

[Green] - Guaranteed or already added.
[Yellow] - Maybe.
[Purple] - Very unsure or needs more thought/feedback.

Rank Changes

• Removal of /creative.
  • Separate world strictly for creative (Unsure. If done, may vary from rank to rank. Likely Diamond+ for build access.)
  • VeinMiner (Diamond+)
  • Silk Spawners (Gold+)
  • Color /nick, color your chat text with /color (Diamond+. This will not include decorations like bold and italics.)
  • Toggleable /keepInventory (Emerald)
  • Lib's Disguises (Each donator rank will get varying options to disguise as mobs/entities. Usernames will still appear above heads.)
  • Kit updates (still undefined.)
  • Trails will be made to work again.

Survival

• Titles (Earn a multitude of rank titles from completing certain tasks in survival and be able to switch titles at any time.)
  • BountyHunters.
  • Potential custom generated world with use of a plugin. (Unsure. may stick with vanilla.)
  • Phantoms will remain disabled.
  • OldCombatMechanics will remain.
  • Harbor will now count AFK players towards the required sleep count. This is to avoid players "sleeping" without a bed. (Currently added.)
  • AdvancedAchievements.
  • Dynmap (Currently added.)

Economy

• Lottery.
  • Auctions.
  • General price changes in worth.yml for most items.
  • New shop plugin to replace ChestShop? (More ease of use.)
  • Job payouts may be updated.
  • Trade System may be added.

Server

• New server video soon to be made.
  • Few more videos planned (More build timelapses anyone?)
  • New server logo to be made.

Builder Rank

For anyone wondering, you can no longer apply for builder. The builder rank is given to those who I personally believe to be the best builders in our community. I like to see how they develop their skills and further input their talent into their creations, and they may optionally help with official server builds. I will admit, my preference is biased though that is mainly because I don't want a huge wave of builders on the server. I do try to listen to peoples suggestions for other builders though. If you have any screenshots of your original builds (no youtube/copying from other sources) please post them on the #builds channel in our Discord, just do not ask for the rank specifically. For 1.16, Builder will retain creative and worldedit however both may be limited.

• Like 5

Honestly i have been wanting to return for awhile but due to creative it has really made me not want to come grind. But i am very happy with the changes that will be happening to DiamondShaft

Also i am assuming because of the nether update we will disable the nether at spawn until someone makes one or something?

• Like 1

Could you re-think removing creative maybe? or even add a rank where all you get is creative.? I know im bad at building but all I want to do is build on the server T_T, Is there a reason you are removing creative??

13 hours ago, coty55 said:

Could you re-think removing creative maybe? or even add a rank where all you get is creative.? I know im bad at building but all I want to do is build on the server T_T, Is there a reason you are removing creative??

On 2/5/2020 at 8:14 PM, CamoWisp said:

There are quite a few reasons as to why we wish to test removing creative, but the main one being it has always been a major issue to run the server while players have access to both modes, despite it being restricted. We have to add - and usually tamper with - the creative mode rules, constantly configure the restriction plugin whenever we see fit or when a new update comes out that adds items, and of course can be easily abused even with restrictions. That's not even all of the problems we've had with creative mode on a survival server, so we hope some of you can understand.

Also about a month or two of thought has gone into next update. I want 1.16 and hopefully further to have a more survival oriented experience as the server should be. I am thinking of having a separate creative world for those that still wish to create those types of builds easier. Potentially a creative server as another side project however I would have to ask Nath if he wants to go through screwing around with BungeeCord again.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, lightmagic123 said:

Also i am assuming because of the nether update we will disable the nether at spawn until someone makes one or something?

we have had the spawn nether removed for a few updates now.

Not to flex but I was truely ahead of my time ;)  ( https://www.diamondshaft.com/topic/3262-remove-gmc-and-feed-declined/?tab=comments#comment-18374 )

In all seriousness though, I think that the changes you are proposing are great for the general feel of the server. Even though I myself do not play anymore, nor plan on doing so again, there are a few things I would like to suggest.

If you do decide to add a creative only world then having a global chat would be nice, that way people that do play creative will not feel so isolated.

Making spawner mining a gold exclusive might seem like a good idea but you might want to consider the impact this will have on the economy, ranks could easily abusive their position and make a quick buck. I do understand that you cannot take away everything from the donor ranks so it might not be that bad after all.

Toggleable Keepinv? kind of over powered but again I can see why you would want to add it to emerald rank.

Tittles sound nice but you could also consider something for the mctop players (assuming we still have mcmmo ?, idk havent played in ages), a simple chat prefix to flex with should do the trick.

The new 1.16 snapshots have added custom world support, you could have an extra custom dimension which would be all wild and stuff while keeping the main worlds like they are.

Anyways I dont play anymore so do with it whatever you want.