Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Flight Vote 1.16  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Remove /fly for 1.16? (Read below first.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2020 at 10:00 AM

Hello, everyone. I have been thinking of removing flight for 1.16 for a multitude of reasons, although removal of this alongside of creative mode may, understandably, annoy many members of the community. So I have decided to start a poll to see what everyone else thinks on this matter. However, before voting, I implore all of you to see the reasoning behind this idea below.

As a note, Builders and all Staff members would keep fly for obvious reasons, but would be prohibited from using it for survival means.

• Removal of flight would, obviously, further support the survival experience.
  • Travel, horses, towns, and certain builds (bridges, scaffolding's, etc) would have much more meaning.
  • The world size would become much more manageable as chunks are not being rapidly loaded by flying players (players flying tens of thousands of blocks outwards at once.)
  • Elytra would have a more practical use.
  • Selling /fly goes against Minecraft's EULA (but honestly who cares)
  • The Nether would actually be treacherous and more rewarding.
  • And maybe more. Just generally makes the game a bit more rewarding and meaningful all around.

I do understand that building would become much more annoying, and I especially agree that that would suck however I still have plans for a separate creative-only world with potentially a global chat connected to the survival world. I am still unsure whether or not this world will come to fruition however so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

I feel that we should not disable fly, all the way. I am thinking just like the end we should disable it in the nether, but for the overworld it helps us get around, which in turn does make the elytra redundant in the overworld, but still gives usage to them in the nether/end. If you do decide to remove them, i may suggest giving an elytra as a kit item for those who would get fly as a donation perk.

• Like 3

We shouldn't disable /fly, but I do agree with Zelphion, Giving Gold+ an Elytra and rockets would be quite useful as an alternative for /fly. 

Posted (edited)

I feel as if it SHOULD be removed. As you said, it makes the game way more rewarding. Plus with the removal of flight, I feel like keep inventory should also be off (haven't been on in a LONG while, so no clue if it is on or off.) Plus, you can potentially have larger worlds since fly would be off, and it generally gives time commitment more of a thing to be appreciated, especially when it comes to building. You can build without fly. There's just more personal rewards and accomplishment for doing it without it. Same for traveling 10k blocks to find a mansion or some shit. Furthermore, I kinda feeling donating should be like- I dunno. SUPPORTING THE ADMINS AND TO KEEP THE SERVER RUNNING. Just me. 

Edited by мιѕєяу
lol

Remove it! /fly kills the vibe for survival

• Like 1

Remove it, we have so many modes of transport which don't get used because of it. Scaffolding and horses are just novelty items, elytras usually fall into the hands of players who have /fly so it just makes them a novelty item too, not to mention the new mount coming in 1.16, I wanna stride. 

I think we should get a flight kit for Emerald rank which is purely 1 Elytra which 0 enchantments, it shouldnt be available straight away bit rather it should be activated a few weeks after the end opens and it should be a one time use kit, once you get your elytra you cant get it again and if you die its gone.

• Like 2

I, personally, do not think you should remove flying. I wanted a rank for a reason - to be able to fly while building. Yes, I get creative mode with my rank, but flying has made building so much easier. I liked one person’s idea of disabling flying in the nether in order to bring back the suspense.  I feel like removing flying will make others with ranks a little upset because I know a few that bought the ranks just for that reason 

@spicyturkeyI'm not sure if you're aware but we're removing Creative for 1.16 for Survival

15 hours ago, spicyturkey said:

I, personally, do not think you should remove flying. I wanted a rank for a reason - to be able to fly while building. Yes, I get creative mode with my rank, but flying has made building so much easier. I liked one person’s idea of disabling flying in the nether in order to bring back the suspense.  I feel like removing flying will make others with ranks a little upset because I know a few that bought the ranks just for that reason 

Isn't that the problem though? "Myeehhhhhh. I bought a rank for my own personal gain instead of having the intent to keep the serverrr running. Meeee mad if fly and gmc go bye bye myeehhh" no. You donate to a server to support the people running it out of the kindness of your heart. At most you should get kits and particle trails. Maybe for emerald you can change the color of your name. Point being: You don't donate for your own personal gain. You donate to support the server.

• 1 month later...

i do not think that it should be removed. personally, /fly makes the game even more rewarding, because i can do more things in a shorter time period. also, for anyone who does not want /fly, you can always leave it off, it is not black and white. /fly makes everything much much easier and less frustrating to do, like building a quick little survival house. thats just my personal opinion, but ya.

• Like 1

The vote has already ended in favor of it being removed, locking.