Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DiamondShaft's Final Update / End of Year Closing / Future of the Community

Hello, everyone.

You may have seen that the release date for 1.17 part 1 has been announced for June 8th. I regret to inform all of you that this will indeed be DiamondShaft's final update. This is due in part of a few reasons which I shall get into later, however by the end of this year, likely December, DiamondShaft will be shutting down. The discord server will remain however the community will likely undergo a name change, from DiamondShaft to something else. This is to set up for our future plans for the community.

DiamondShaft opened initially sometime in late 2013, eventually merged from Tremble Gaming which had opened years previous. When it all started, I had no idea how much of an impact it would have on my life and many others' lives. We were only prepubescent little kids just screwing around and having fun while @Anthrax hosted for us. He had decided to make a video for the server, and the rest was history. A truly unbelievable amount of friendships, groups, content, memories, and even loving relationships sprouted due to this server.

I am now 20 years old, 21 at the dawn of November. I joined Tremble Gaming when I was 12. I would be lying if I said this community did not drastically change my life. I am incredibly lucky to have met Nathaniel and got to be able to work on this server with him for all these years. I am incredibly lucky to have met the majority of my friends from here in which we have created countless memories with one another, even today. When I started, all I wanted was to be a staff member on Tremble, so I did what any aspiring 12 year old would do and nag the holy hell out of Nathaniel for the Guardian rank. Eventually, I don't know why but he caved in and I got to be staff. However shortly after, DiamondShaft was created by my friends and I, and things slowly shifted to there...where I was already an Administrator. Admittedly yet unsurprisingly, I had no clue what I was doing. I couldn't even edit server files and fix anything, I was basically just there for basic support.

In May of 2015, I had a falling out and was gone for 7 months. I eventually realized I was being immature and wanted to come back, however in that time I had attempted to run my own public server and learned how to do almost everything from scratch. When I came back, to my disbelief everyone had wanted me to come back to being a Guardian, including people I had not seen before and only recently started talking to. After an awkward interview from @MrSnorman himself, I had re-obtained the Guardian rank and worked my way up from there, quickly hitting Moderator, then after a year finally became Administrator. I then made it my mission to try and keep this server chugging along, heading almost every update along the way.

Unfortunately, recently, it seems as though there is not much more I can do. The server has been up for 8 years, and Minecraft as a whole has become boring to most of the community, in one way or another. Most of the older staff have become busy with life and the time they would normally have for the server is being put to more important things. However, that is not going to stop us from trying to push the community further, for something new.

By now, most of you may have heard of the upcoming game created by Hypixel studios, Hytale. If you have not heard of Hytale, I heavily implore you to watch the YouTube Trailer & browse their Website. They also have weekly screenshots of the game to hype up for the release every Friday on their Twitter. Whenever this game releases, Nathaniel and I will be making a server for the current community, and whatever new people will flow in for the hype of a new game.

But, in the meantime, we will try our best to deliver a good final update, and reminisce over the memories this server has managed to create. Maybe you all can share your favorite memories and events down below?

Regardless. I'd like to credit everyone who has helped me or been an important part of this community within the last 8 years.

Thank you:

(In no particular order except for Po)

And a hell of a lot more whom I probably do not remember.

• Love 5
  • Sad 2

Damn, this is super sad to hear. But its a good time to move on and try to get into new things or see how we can further the community that has been built for years! 

• Like 3

I'm so sad to hear this. I know I haven't been on much the past year but I really hope to play on this amazing server for several more years. I'll miss every single second I've spend with everyone on the server. I'll specially miss the good old days with lost of ppl on and when we made the magic boxes and put ppl in them when they had griefed and stuff. Oh and when we all went in vanish to spy on ppl griefing and Christian made videos of them doing it. 

I wish everyone the best in the future and I'll do my best to spend some more time on the server the last few months we apparently have left here 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)

This makes me sad, but was of course inevitable. 

Thank you to all the people that made this community a brilliant place to play and make friends. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16673523

Crikey this was nostalgic going through the names

Edited by MrSnorman
  • Like 4

I remember this was one of the first servers i joined and actually engaged in, it kinda formed most of my childhood and its sad to see it go.
I've been apart of the server since like early 1.10 and its been so awesome to see that the server has touched others, I hope we can go out strong and its been awesome to be apart of the community for so long.

Posted (edited)

And so this chapter finally comes to an end. Touching post Camo! Here's hoping Hytale ever releases haha. Hopefully it doesn't become another Star Citizen. 

P.S. This is Mike if ya'll didn't catch that. A.K.A whoinc, agitatedgremlin, mojofrojo

This community (Largely pre-diamondshaft) was a big part of my life as well. Would love to reconnect with some of the older members like Phantom (Wish I could think of more names right now but the brain is notgood). 

Edited by ErikValen
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

This is both sad and interesting. This was the first and last server I have ever joined or been staff on. I just want to thank you all for growing with me and never giving up on me. I LOVE YOU DIAMONDSHAFT FAMILY. 😍 

Who knows maybe I'll even join the new server and cause more chaos? ;)

Now my favorite memory: Griefing Totie's abandoned village...jkjk 🤣🤣

Ah I have many. Meeting Sarah was one. 

@MrSnorman and @Atron tipping my animals. Not realizing I would be logging in while they did it. Or Joey putting inappropriate builds around my house though he did make a musical entrance to my home. 

@Godsofboss dressing up as @Anthrax but as duck.

@Anthrax bombing a player with creepers....I mean what?

Rolling back @Eddy home...it was an accident I swear.

Insulting staff in my application on accident. 

Ahh the chaos.

Edit: Banning half the server...

Meeting those I banned a yr later...🤣 

Building an underwater Base with my fellow Guardians and making Snor an office though everyone was against it. (I DIDNT MIND)

My awkward interview with Snor and Anthrax which probably is still here somewhere...

My guild bases...

My obsession with Fairytale thanks to @Lucy which took over the server for a while. I got almost everyone involved.. 

Learning what a eye freaker is thanks to @Godsofboss

Having an awesome Maze runner team thanks to meeting @The_Good_Old_Boy @Lucy and the others. Champs. Pog. Gods of the Maze. 

I will admit I wasn't always the nicest. I am glad though I came back for you all to see how far I have come from a pissed off Musa to a mom of a 3rd old Maltisha. 

If you want to add me to Facebook let me know. 

AGAIN I MAY KEEP UPDATING. 

Edited by MusaKitty
I'm remembering things gimme a minute
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)

Wow.. I'm kinda shocked that the server is closing. I didn't expect to get a text from @MusaKitty telling me that the server is closing. Diamond Shaft has been such an important memory in my life that its depressing saying goodbye to it.  Even though I'm not active at all, I still appreciate everything the community has done for me and the friends I had made there. Everyone was the reason why I survived middle school. Everyone had become family at one point or another.  Thank you all for impacting my life in some sort of way. The friends and relationships I've had with everyone will be something I think about when I think about Minecraft.

Now for the fun part! My favorite memories that I can remember!

- Making fun of @MrSnorman and adventuring around his giant ass city

- Staff meetings in the court house in the giant ass city

- Building like 20 towns with @TEAtime2012

- Meeting @The_Good_Old_Boy , @MusaKitty, and @Misery. I actually still talk to them and I'm super close with them. 

- Building spawn and seeing "turbles"

- The many relationships that were made fun of by everyone. From what I remember (which is probably wrong), everyone seemed to had "dated" at least once in the history of Diamond Shaft.

- When @Atron decided to spawn a million blocks out and a bunch of people decided to make a pvp base there.

- My first friends on the server @DeionNeion123, @shizzle251, and @Justin

- Writing Disconnection with @TotieMc! Then trying to make it a movie and giving up on it lol.

Not all my favorite memories were included because they were either kinda personal, I'm socially awkward and don't want to bring up certain people, or I just cant remember them this second. Thank you all for fun memories! If you ever want to contact me, ask either @Misery or @MusaKitty for my discord. 

Also if I have ever been cruel, mean, rude, anything that is horrible; I apologize for my past actions! 

Love, 

Sarah/Lucy ♥️

Edited by Lucy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

oh hey guys! long time no see for so many people. having @MrSnorman text me this post last night i was like “damnnnnn, i always thought diamondshaft would keep chugging along one way or another”. it was a huge part of my childhood joining 6 years ago which sounds sooo crazy to me for it to come to an end.

I really don’t know how i got away with saying ‘I’m 12 almost 13’ in my GIT application especially when it came round to turning 13 people were surprised it hadn’t been my birthday yet lmao. but i’m grateful you guys let me get away with it because being in that first round of GITs was super exciting and meant i joined such a great team at the time.

Anyways, I’m now 18 and i really feel like this community helped my confidence and social skills for those later years when i wasn’t active. Thank you to all the staff i worked with, it was a real pleasure to work with you guys and thank you for supporting me. And everyone i ever interacted with who gave me advice or just joined in the fun, at the end of the day i wouldn’t change it for the world.

I am disappointed diamondshaft is closing but it’s not a huge surprise considering the engagement with minecraft as a whole in comparison to 6 years ago. I’m just glad i got to experience it when i did and make those memories! 

There are countless of those said memories and it would take me all day to list them. but i wish everyone the best, whether you join the new server or move on to other things in your life and may you succeed in every part x

- Hayley (Hane2014)

• Love 1
  • Cheer 1

It was expected. The staff I can think of did a really great job with this server. Even when it probably became a chore they still put in their effort and did a great job. When I rejoined around September-October and went ham with the base, the server was the most fun I had in Minecraft in a while which says something. I don't regret joining even if this is the end because of all the positive memories. It's sad it ended but maybe that's good so the positive memories will stay dominant. Can't believe it's been like 6 years. My first memory was when GodsOfBoss showed me this server and I think it was LightMagic but on the very first day he tried to turn the house I was in, to a court house. Then Papa Smurf helped me out and I went on to build like 10 towns really shitty but good enough just to get a warp each.

20 hours ago, Lucy said:

Wow.. I'm kinda shocked that the server is closing. I didn't expect to get a text from @MusaKitty telling me that the server is closing. Diamond Shaft has been such an important memory in my life that its depressing saying goodbye to it.  Even though I'm not active at all, I still appreciate everything the community has done for me and the friends I had made there. Everyone was the reason why I survived middle school. Everyone had become family at one point or another.  Thank you all for impacting my life in some sort of way. The friends and relationships I've had with everyone will be something I think about when I think about Minecraft.

Now for the fun part! My favorite memories that I can remember!

- Making fun of @MrSnorman and adventuring around his giant ass city

- Staff meetings in the court house in the giant ass city

- Building like 20 towns with @TEAtime2012

- Meeting @The_Good_Old_Boy , @MusaKitty, and @Misery. I actually still talk to them and I'm super close with them. 

- Building spawn and seeing "turbles"

- The many relationships that were made fun of by everyone. From what I remember (which is probably wrong), everyone seemed to had "dated" at least once in the history of Diamond Shaft.

- When @Atron decided to spawn a million blocks out and a bunch of people decided to make a pvp base there.

- My first friends on the server @DeionNeion123, @shizzle251, and @Justin

- Writing Disconnection with @TotieMc! Then trying to make it a movie and giving up on it lol.

Not all my favorite memories were included because they were either kinda personal, I'm socially awkward and don't want to bring up certain people, or I just cant remember them this second. Thank you all for fun memories! If you ever want to contact me, ask either @Misery or @MusaKitty for my discord. 

Also if I have ever been cruel, mean, rude, anything that is horrible; I apologize for my past actions! 

Love, 

Sarah/Lucy ♥️

I never dated anyone that was really apart of diamondshaft. I brought my ex on that doesn't count. I hooked people up tho. Just wanted to correct that part. Also anyone can message me on discord. I am on 24/7. 

This is sad to hear. I remember joining the server back in 2016 and making friends that I still talk to today. It's a great community we have and watching it grow has been cool. Thank you to everyone that has been here keeping the server going. Life's been busy for me and I'm sad I don't have time to play anymore. But all good things come to an end. Cant wait to see what comes next.

• Like 1

Damn this was a shock, I always knew this server would have to close some day eventually but it was always going to be a shock when it finally did.

Crazy to think I joined about 8 years ago in school and I'm almost 24 now 3 days away from buying my first house. I've met so many people through this server I'd be happy to call a friend and who have made an impact on my life.

We all have fond memories of this server and I certainly have a few of my own, (Still not sorry about your city Snor) but the best memories are the people I've met and seeing and hearing as people's lives change and we all grow older and sometimes wiser (but not always *cough Po cough cough*)

There's not a lot I can say that no one else has already but all I can say is thank you to Nathaniel for bringing together this community and thank you to everyone who made this community what it is.

I wish you guys all the best in your lives and I hope those who want to will stay in contact

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Dang it's sad to see this go. Haven't played on the server in a while but it was an important piece of my life back in 2015 and 2016. Made a lot of friends, many of whom I also haven't talked to in years. I might wait around to see what could come next and if some of the people I know stop by for a visit, I might as well.

I also kinda wanted to share some of my memories from the server like Sarah did.

I remember when my friends and I started a town and I met my old friend @PiggyBananaz. Some people from another town didn't like us for some reason and there was a PvP raid on our town. I had a ton of fun defending it with my OP gear.

I remember going to PvP and meeting Andrew, Sarah ( @Lucy ), and Justin and we all became good friends just screwing around for hours and hours.

Maxing out my unarmed stats in MCMMO and pissing people off with the disarm ability.

TEATime2012 built a cruise ship and my friends and I reserved the extra large cabins for an exorbitant price just for the fun of it.

Claire tracking down Piggy in an other Minecraft server because they were dating and he dropped off of the face of the Earth.

I still have a pdf of Lails Fails by @MusaKitty from like 6 years ago when Tails was still around. It's much more cringe worthy than I remember it being.

A lot of weird stuff happened on this server but I loved the experience that I had here and it's honestly something that I won't ever forget. Even if I stopped being active around 2017 and a lot of people don't remember me all too well, I remember most of you and the great experiences you all gave me. I hope you all have a great day :)

Edited by bigpreston216
  • Wow 1

Although I haven't played on Diamond Shaft for 3 years, it was fun to play for about a month or 2 before I say goodbye to it. :) Hoping to join the Discord server if someone could send me the code. Thanks in advance, Justin Valley.

OG lurker here, also from the Tremble Gaming.

Yeah I was also younger/a teenager playing this over the years and of course those who know me probably know the drama I was associated with :P

Either way, just wanting to give an early RIP to DiamondShaft- still sad to see it go. Even TheHiveMC's Java server shutdown after 8 years this past April, sad seeing all these servers going down. Hoping for the best though.

• Like 3

This community gave me so much.. i’ve been on it for so long it’s hard to see it go. I hope everyone who I’ve come across and made friends with continues to have their best life. 
anyways, thank you, diamondshaft, for all the memories.